Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What we did for Mother's Day weekend

Every year on Mother's Day weekend, here in Tyler, they have the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. It's always the Saturday before Mother's Day.

This is the second time my whole small family (my hubby, me and our son) has done the 5k together. I tell my son all the time that men can get breast cancer just like women, they just have less of a chance. Most men don't realize that they have breast tissue too. They think of breast cancer as a women's disease.

So here is a pic of me and my son after the race (we walked instead of running). DH is taking the picture. It really makes you feel like you've accomplished something to finish. I wonder how the people who do the 3 day race feel? Pretty good I'll bet.

When you look at this pic, remember that the camera adds 10 lbs. Plus, there's the other 10 that I'm trying to lose (I gained it this winter). So I'm really 20 lbs lighter than it looks in the picture. LOL

I'm glad that you can't see the red Gatorade that both me and my son spilled down the front of our race shirts. Isn't that sad? Neither one of us can walk and drink Gatorade at the same time.

I also want to give a shout out to Andrea of SmallMuse for featuring my Pink Pear Designs shop on her Cre8tiveJuice blog. Thanks so much for your nice compliments, Andrea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.