Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My New Coin Purse

Well, I finally got around to making myself a new coin purse - which was the whole reason I started making coin purses to begin with.

I used some of Michael Miller's Gypsy Bandana fabric to make it.  It was actually a messed up piece of fabric that I had cut and attempted to make the top part of one of my aprons.  But apparently, the fabric didn't want to be an apron because it wouldn't let me sew it correctly.  I'm not even sure it wanted to be a coin purse, because it had to redo it a couple of times too.



Anyhoo, it's done now.  And I love it.  It's adorable and sweet.  It's in my purse right now, holding my coins :)

I bought these sweet little crocheted flowers and butterflies from littlemargie which I think look really cute and will be gracing some coin purses that I'll have in my shop soon.

I love making these little purses. 

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! On my list of things to do RIGHT NOW! is a zippered pouch to contain loose items in my purse. I have all kinds of pockets, etc. in the bag I'm carrying, but I never know which pocket holds what. So-o-o I'm thinking a separate thingie will work perfectly.

    Wish I had some of your fabric! Guess I'll have to find some scraps of my own. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a pic on your blog when you get it finished Nancy - so I can see how it turned out.
    I'm going to make myself a zippered pouch too - to hold my jewelry when we go on trips.

    I have it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.