Tuesday, April 19, 2011

US Post Office Increases


Did you know that the USPS increased prices on First Class Mail packages and First Class International Mail yesterday?
Well, they did. 
April 18th was the date of price increases.
As near as I can tell, the First Class packages increased by approximately $0.50 and the First Class International increased by $0.80.

I just happened to be at the PO yesterday morning mailing a First Class International package and heard one of the postal clerks telling a customer about it as I was waiting in line.  Apparently, $0.44 letters are not affected but packages are.

So, to all my fellow online sellers, you might want to check into it and adjust your shipping charges accordingly or you just might get a nasty surprise.

And to all my fellow online shoppers, this just stinks. :( 

2 comments:

  1. Stink, it may, but with the cost of gas being what it is, I'm not surprised. But thanks for making us aware of this. I probably need to re-assess my shipping charges. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not suprised either Nancy. But it chaps my hide alittle as there are rumors (and entire articles in the local newspaper) that the PO branch closest to my house is going to close soon and that will mean a drive across town for me everytime I need to use their facilities.
    I use Paypal shipping but still have to go to the PO for international packages.

    So higher prices and a drive across town - grrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.