Friday, April 15, 2011

Quilt Show

About 3 or so weeks ago, the annual quilt show was going on in our little city.  I had never been before and thought I'd go check it out. 

There were a bajillion quilts on display and they had them roped off so that you couldn't get to them to look at them.  There were people standing at each little section, wearing white latex gloves and if you wanted to look at the back of the quilt, you had to ask and the lady/gentleman would raise it up so that you could look at it from about 4 feet away.  I have to say, I was alittle frightened. 
I had no idea that they were so fragile.  I had no idea that it would all be so proper and precise.  It kind of freaked me out alittle.

I was frightened and freaked out.  So, I just gave up looking at them and went shopping at the little booths set up all around the perimeter of the quilt show.  They had given me a ballot and I was suppose to vote for my favorite quilt but I was so intimidated that I didn't vote.
For some reason, I had it in my head that I would buy a kit and try to make a quilt.
So, I bought this.


Sigh.  Let's see how long it takes me to make that.  Geez, it's like I'm setting myself up to fail.

I also bought this little charm pack.  I've since found a tote bag pattern in a magazine that I may try this out with.  Or, I also found a quilted placemat pattern that I could use them on.  Placemats are small, so maybe I'll just start out small and graduate to the quilt.

And lastly, look at this little guy.

It's a pincushion chicken filled with sand.  He was so cute that I couldn't pass him up.  They also had sand pincushions that looked like mice with yo yo's for tails.

It was a fun and scary day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.