Friday, January 28, 2011

New fun project

Right around Christmas, I bought myself 3 new patterns that I found online.  Two are for tops and one is a skirt pattern. 

I'm not sure how this is going to go because I'm not always great at following instructions - I mostly sew by the seat of my pants.   Ha Ha.

I'm starting with the Funky Peasant Blouse pattern by Lila Tueller Designs.  Wish me luck.  Lots of luck.

I've been drooling over the Gypsy Bandana line by Pillow and Maxfield for Michael Miller for several weeks so that's the fabric that I'm using.  I absolutely love it.

I've taken my measurements - bust, waist, and hips - and what I'm wondering is where do they get the pattern measurements?  Because my body seems to be 3 different sizes.  So, basically to pick which size I'm going to sew, I closed my eyes and pointed.   I'll keep you posted along the way.  It may take me awhile because I'm going to take my time with it and be very careful.
Today, I cut out the tissue pattern. :)

What fun project are you working on right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.