Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday's Featured Etsy Artist

This weeks featured etsy artist is Valerie from AdditionsStyle (http://additionsstyle.etsy.com/)
Valerie creates jewelry and accessories from items found in the hardware stores, for women, men, and teens.

I think her jewelry is really cool. What a creative idea - using nuts and bolts to make fun jewelry!

I asked Valerie about her design process and this is what she had to say. "The hardware itself is very inspirational for me. I find myself thinking ahead about experimenting with new combinations, adding texture, and using color. I spend hours in hardware stores searching for my next new piece of metal. I may not know the intended uses for each new discovery, but I can envision its future."


Valerie has been making jewelry for about 10 years and has a line of sterling silver art jewelry that she sells to shops and galleries. The Additions line was started about a year ago. Valerie says her teenage daughter helps her to keep the line young and fresh.

Valerie says, "I love to create! Discovering new material and finding new ways to use it, really excites me. I feel very lucky to be able to do what I love!"

Thanks so much, Valerie, for allowing me to feature you in my blog!!

You can also find Valerie here:

http://additionsstyle.1000markets.com

http://additionsstyle.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.