Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Treats

I love sweets!!! If I could, I would just eat sweets all the time. So when holidays roll around, it gives me a good excuse to make something sweet.
I made these yummy treats yesterday as treats for a couple of friends and my family. They are sooo easy - the perfect little project for your kids to help you with. Yummy White Chocolate Covered OREOS with red sprinkles.

Here's the recipe:
1 cup of white or chocolate morsels
1 tbsp. veggie shortening
A bag of Oreos.

Melt the morsels and shortening in the microwave slowly. I set it for about 20 seconds each time, then take them out and stir. Once they're all melted, just dunk the cookies in one at a time. Have wax paper ready on a cookie sheet to put the covered cookie on. I roll mine around in the chocolate with short tongs, then lift out. Sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles to decorate.
Once I'm done with all the cookies, I slip the wax paper covered cookie tray into the refrigerator so they will harden.

Then all you have to do is eat them! YUMM!!

They look so pretty in little treat bags to give to friends, teachers, kid's treats, or just to eat all by yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.