Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mini Ribbon Bookmark Tutorial

I've had this tuturial completed for awhile now, I just never got around to posting it. It's my first tutuorial :)

These sweet little ribbon bookmarks are great to use as free gifts when mailing packages. They're cute, light weight, and handy to use. So here goes!


Supplies needed:
ribbon
ribbon clamps
beads
lighter
candle
headpins
round nose and flat nose jewelry pliers
Step 1
Decide how long you want your bookmark to be and cut your ribbon accordingly. I made these about 5 inches with a diagonal cut on the bottom.
Step 2
Light your candle with the lighter and very gently melt the ends of your ribbons. This will prevent fraying and you won't have to use a liquid fray preventer which will make your ribbon sticky. Be careful not to catch the ribbon on fire. If you do burn the ribbon, you may have to cut the burnt part off and remelt the end.

Step 3

Fold the top of the ribbon over slightly and place your ribbon clamp on the top. Using your flat head jewelry pliers, tightly close the clamp. You may have to squeeze several times to make sure you have the clamp on tight.

Step 4

Place your beads on the headpin in the order that you would like them. Using your round nose pliers, bend the top of your headpin into an L shape. Use round nose pliers to curl the L part of the wire around the nose of your pliers to make a circle.Once your circle is made, slide the end of the headpin wire into the opening of the ribbon clamp.Clasp the circle with your round nose pliers and the end of the headpin with the flat nose pliers.Wrap the wire around itself using your flat nosed pliers to form a wrapped loop. Try to wrap the wire as tightly as possible as this will look the neatest.

You now have a finished bookmark!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I like it! I'm just starting to tinker with bead and wire work, and this is a project I could probably handle without making too much of a mess. :-) Thanks for the great photos and instructions! ♥ SoSaje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recommended this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this
    post is written by him as no one else know such
    detailed about my difficulty. You are incredible! Thanks!


    my webpage :: stamped concrete nh ()

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.