Friday, August 12, 2011

End of Summer

Hello Everybody!!!

I've been neglecting my blog lately.  I've also been neglecting my sewing and some other things.  But things are about to change.  I went to my Pain Management doc yesterday and got my meds adjusted - :) - YAY!  So now I'm hoping I'll be able to sit and sew as well as sit and blog!
**Explaination:  I have some problems with my back that makes it very painful to sit or lay down or stand in one place.

Anyhoo, I'm filled with hope and purpose today.  My son starts back to school on Monday, so we are busy this weekend getting uniforms washed and ironed, getting school supplies ready, cleaning out last years school clothes from his closet, etc.  I'm also planning to work on some of the many half finished projects laying around my sewing room.

And one other thing to share.  I had my shop on vacation mode for a few days earlier this week.  We took a mini "end of summer, last hurrah before school starts" vacation.  We went to Grand Prarie, Texas to the Great Wolf Lodge.  It's a really cool hotel that is totally geared to families and children.  It has a huge indoor waterpark as well as an outdoor pool with water slides - but it was 110 degrees outside while we were there, so forget about that.
This is a really cool pic of the outside of the hotel - it's also the view from our room. 
This hotel is a great concept and they did a really good job of following through with the concept.  A lot of hotels or restaurants that seem to come up with these grand concepts seem to have trouble following through.  But this hotel reminded me of Disney because they did a great job of following through.

Here is an outside view of one of the slides - the Howlin Tornado.  I didn't ride that one.  The funny red and yellow hat looking thing has a spiral slide inside that's part of the ride. 
Here is my son doing his favorite thing no matter where he is:

I wish I had taken more pics of the waterpark area because it was really cool, but I didn't.  My son really loved the wave pool.  I really liked the hot tub.  I don't know what my husband liked but he seemed to be having a good time.

Well, that's enough blogging for today.  I have to install my new even feed foot onto my sewing machine.
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.