I've shown off my bottlecap pincushions before but it was this post HERE when I attempted to make Christmas ornaments for our local fair's arts and crafts contest and they didn't come out so good. I tried to sew the hanging ribbon into the ornament when I blanket stitched the top and it made them all crinkled.
That was when my efriend Nancy suggested that I sew the ribbon on the outside of the pincushion and use pretty buttons to cover up the tales.
Well, Nancy is a genius!!!
You're a genius Nancy!
This time, they came out perfectly. I sent these to my Christmas ornament swap partners.
Here is the back of one where you can see how I sewed the button over the ribbon. Sorry it's very blurry.
I love making these but they are very time consuming. Very cheap to make - probably less than a quarter's worth of materials. But they take me soooo long to make. Possibly because I consider myself a novice embroiderer. I'm sure lots of people would be able to whip them out. But they sure are fun!