Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What have I been doing?

What in the world have I been doing for this past week that I didn't make any blog posts? 
I have no idea but I was busy the whole time.

My son's 12th birthday was yesterday.  :(
He's growing up so fast.  He's at least a foot taller than all the boys in his class and his voice is changing and getting so deep.  This morning he said something to me from the other room and I thought it was my husband talking.  He's as tall as me and is wearing men's size clothes.  So sad.  Where did all the time go?
I remember pushing him in the buggy at Target while he ate goldfish crackers and left a trail of crumbs all over the store.  Now, I think he could push me in the buggy.


So anyhow, I spent last week shopping for gifts and getting ready for his Birthday party sleepover that was this past Friday night.  He didn't want me to decorate or do anything that was 'kiddish', so I didn't even buy party plates or anything.  They just ate their plain cake on our regular kitchen dishes.  Other than the cake, I don't have any pictures of his actual party because I don't like to post other people's kids pics online.
 
Oh well, he and his friends seemed to have fun anyway.  I hope he had a great birthday.  Only 4 more birthdays and I guess we'll have to get him a car - so that he can drive away from his mother (sob).  I'm so sad now.

Here's my baby with his fat dog, Mac.  Bless his heart, I think we need to strap him to a treadmill.

Here's my little family.


And here's my baby with his grandparents.
And now back to sewing.  I have a craft show coming up in November, so I'd better get my rump in gear.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's getting so big! How can we make them stop growing up so fast? :(

    I hope he had a wonderful birthday -- it sure sounds like he did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie.
    I don't know how to stop the growing. I've tried pushing on the top of his head but he still doesn't go back down to little size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.