Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Brown swap of September

I participated in one of my team's (Etsy Texas Crafters)  September gift swaps.  The theme was brown. 
My partner was Gina of AllieCatBeads and her favorite color is purple.  So I thought, hmmmm, purple and brown. 
I wanted to make Gina a decorative pillow but knowing that she has 3 little ones, I couldn't use buttons and other choking hazards to decorate it like I wanted.  So, this is what I came up with:
Front

Back


I used Tina Givens Tip Toe fabrics and cream trim.  I think it came out cute and I hope Gina likes it.

Gina makes jewelry and cards and this is what she sent me.



Two sweet pairs of earrings.  I love the 'cafe au lait' lampwork beads and as you can see, I've already worn the amber ones.

Thanks Gina!  I enjoyed swapping with you!!

And I'd like to give a little shout out and a BIG thank you  to Jen at Mama's Magic Studio for the great feature she put out on her blog about my Handmade Whimzy shop.  Give it a look see here:  http://mamasmagic.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-feature-handmade-whimzy.html

2 comments:

  1. my pleasure! and the gift swap looks super neat -- love the earrings and think your pillow turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.