Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring

Spring is slowly coming to East Texas.  Oh how I wish it would hurry up.  We had one nice week where the temps were in the high 70's but then it went back down to freezing at night and 50's during the day.  Plus it's WINDY.
My Redbud tree in the backyard.
 
I love this time of year because I love watching the flowers bloom, the trees bud and the azalea and butterfly bushes pop out.  But at the same time, cold weather is heck on someone with an autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia.  I'm so tired of feeling crummy.  I just want it to be summer already.

Sorry for the whine. 
Also, I would like to say that May 10 is Fibromyalgia awareness day and May 12 is Lupus awareness day.  If you know someone with either/both of these illnesses, please keep them in your thoughts.  I had no idea how much my life would change - it's been a year and a half since I got really sick and 5 months since I was diagnosed.  I'm still learning to live with it and every day is a struggle.

Here is a positive note.  Look at my baseball man.

Doesn't he look cute? 
He isn't very sports minded but it was totally his idea to play baseball the past 2 years.  This year he has really good coaches and he's learned a lot and has greatly improved.  Baseball season is almost over for his middle school.  Only 1 more week.

1 comment:

  1. Hope it warms up soon and that you have a pain-free weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.