Saturday, August 29, 2015

Robyn's Valentine - An Art Quilt Project

Back in April, I made a blog post about My Psychedelic Valentine which was a Valentine themed table runner I made for a challenge in my Modern Quilting Group.

I know it's pretty far from February now but I wanted to show you my friend Robyn's Valentine challenge project.  I loved it so much that she gave it to me for my birthday present - which was in March.

Robyn is an art quilter.  She has been quilting for years and I think she has tried just about every kind of quilting there is so it stands to reason that she would eventually find her way to art quilting.  I think she's found her niche.

She made this Valentine mostly with selvedge edges plus a few scraps and some red rick rack.  I love the way she basically made a color wheel with all the colors and then used the red in the middle.  I think this is so creative and cool.





I'm going to try to talk her into entering it in our local quilt show in the spring.
Robyn blogs HERE at Quilting in the Robyn's nest.  She is remodeling her house right now and she is doing weekly updates which are awesome.  If you love looking at reno's as they go along, you will love reading her blog.

**Linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts**

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. another autocorrect oops... sorry... I just wanted to say how touched I am by your posting

      Delete
  3. You are so welcome. Your quilt is great and so are you. I'm glad you're my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this quilt - and I'm so happy you shared your friend's creativity with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. I think it's important that we support one another as quiltiers (and people).

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.