Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tula Tuesday Blocks 3 and 5

Hi everyone!  This is going to be a quick post because it's late and I need to go to bed - us old people have to go to bed early. ;)
 Today is Tula Tuesday and I completed two more blocks to add to my collection of one - yay for me!  Honestly, I did not realize how hard and time consuming each individual block would be.  There are so many pieces.  I'm just not use to blocks that challenge me this much.  It's a good thing to be challenged though -right?
 This is block 5.  It really is yellow like in this picture.  For some reason, the other pictures make it look more of a cream.  I LOVE this orange butterfly print.  This block was actually fairly easy.

 Block number three.  I'm keeping track of the numbers by pinning a small piece of paper to the backs of each block so if you see part of a pin, that's what it's for.
 I love the colors in this block.  I fussy cut this flower from a scrap of Michael Miller's Pretty Bird fabric.

I've been wanting to buy and make the Gypsy Wife quilt.  Some of the blogs I read are even participating in a quilt along.  The way they have it broken down for the quilt a long makes it seem not so hard but since I've started the Tula blocks, I don't know if I'm ready for Gypsy Wife yet.  Maybe if I can finish the Tula quilt this year, I can do the Gypsy Wife next year,  It's something to shoot for.

Thanks for reading!
**Linking up to Tula Tuesday at Diary of a Mad Fabriholic**

9 comments:

  1. Love your blocks and thanks for stopping by my blog! There is a Flickr Gypsy Wife group that is ongoing. Some people are starting while some people are finishing. I've been lurking to see how people are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look lovely and they'll be well worth it. I so wanted to join in, and maybe I still will, I just don't seem to be able to find the time!

    p.s. us middle aged people go to bed early too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you should just go for it. It may take me 2 years to make all these blocks but they will get made.

      Delete
  3. Tricia, your blocks look great! I love the mirror balls in the corners! :) I'm also doing the Gypsy Wife QAL right now, and I'm really enjoying it! It's a much different experience for me than the City Sampler, but both have been very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks look great. So happy & springy... I really admire how many BOM you follow through on & keep up with! Some day, someway I might actually keep up with one along with you. For now... I will just enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you're doing the dotty circles with me. I'll make you finish them.

      Delete
  5. I love both these blocks- especially #3 with those mirror ball dots! Some of these blocks are definitely full of tiny pieces, but there are also some that are super fast and simple. I'm glad you're enjoying the challenges, and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.