Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Aurifil BOM's

It's Wednesday already!  Why do the weeks go by so fast?

Today I should be sandwiching and basting my Giant Starburst quilt but instead I'm working on the Aurifil Thread BOM blocks.  I've printed the instructions out for all three months so far this year but I haven't had a chance to make any of them.
  
If you aren't familiar with the Aurifil BOM, here is the link to January's block.  
You can sign up for the newsletter and they will email each months Designer block to you.  If you complete the block and post your picture to their flicker page, you can be chosen to win an Aurifil thread prize each month.  YAY!
This above block is the March block.  I have the fabric cut out for my January and March blocks.  I'm out of Kona White yardage and had to order more so I couldn't cut out the February block.  Can you believe I ran out of white?  But at least I caught the tail end of the Robert Kaufman sale that fabric.com had this past weekend.
 I fussy cut these little bunny's for my center block.  Sweet huh? 
And here is the March finished block!  Still working on January.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

**Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced**

3 comments:

  1. I can never keep up with BoMs! I am workin on the February Aurifil block now, but I'm not doing all of them, just the ones I really like. Yours look like they are going to be a great quilt with those colors. I came over from WiP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting from Freshly Pieced, I am familiar with Aurifil thread but wasn't aware of their BOM. Guess I will have to check it out. I try to finish them but somehow miss a few. But orphan blocks are welcomed at our guild meeting. We turn them into charity quilts, so never wasted. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.