Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Patriotic Cake

Back in this post, I showed you pics of my Clown Puke Cake and gave the recipe.  Well, I made the cake again for Memorial Day only this time I colored it red, white, and blue.  It turned out really well.  I did try to make each layer different but somehow I ended up with a huge red center anyway.  Go figure.

I used a different buttercream icing this time - with unsalted butter instead of shortening - and it came out GREAT!  I made it very slowly to make sure I got the right consistency and didn't add to much milk.
I decorated the top of the cake with red and blue colored sugar even though none of my family members like sprinkles.  I thought it looked pretty no matter what they said.

I also wanted to share a bracelet that I bought on etsy.  I got it from Lanmon (she has more really cool looking patriotic bracelets in her shop!) 

I ordered it too late to get it by Memorial Day but I did get it today.  It's really pretty and fits perfectly.  I LOVE these bead crocheted bracelets.  You don't have to worry about a clap, they're lightweight and slip right over your hand.
I anticipate getting lots of compliments on it because it's so cool looking. 
These are Lanmon's pics that I'm using - just to give credit where credit is due. :)

I'm building up a slow collection of these bracelets.  I want to be able to wear 2-3 at a time as if they were bangle bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.