Friday, March 25, 2011

Painting Painting Painting

It has been a super busy week that has passed in the flash of an eye.

I haven't had time to finish anything that I could list in my etsy shop and I've had very little time to sew or do anything fun. :(

Why?  you ask.  It's because I finally started a project that I've been putting off for some time. 
The majority of our house needs to be repainted - especially the trim and doors.  I hate painting trim and doors.  But I finally got started on it because we've been having days in the upper 70's and 80's for the past couple of weeks and so it's perfect, weatherwise, to paint.  Luckily, I've already repainted a few of the rooms.

Our half bath got a makeover here.
I repainted my sewing room here.
And I repainted our spare bedroom - which is suppose to be our game room - a couple of years ago.

So, the past couple of weeks, I've been working on the trim and doors in our long hallway which includes 3 rooms and my son's bathroom.  Because of my back 'issues', I have to work a little each day.  I've finished all the trim on this side of the house and 3 of the doors.  Still have to finish up 4 doors.  I bought the paint for the hallway walls yesterday and hope to get started on that tomorrow.  I've also done touch up painting in my son's bedroom and bathroom since he doesn't want those rooms changed.  Here's a pic of  a section of trim that's been painted.  I was a bit messy but I'm repainting the walls anyway. 

I'm hoping I will like this paint color because if I do, I'll be repainting the living room, dining room and possibly my bedroom with the same color.  I have a different color in mind for the kitchen and will be waiting to repaint it as we are planning a remodel for later this year.  I'll post a pic of the color when I get the hallway walls painted.

Here is a picture of 2 of the doors.  One has been repainted bright white - which was the color all the house trim was suppose to be in the first place - the other door is the color the idiot painter painted all our trim when the house was built even though he was told specific paint colors and paint finishes.

Sad, huh?  At least, it makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.