Friday, September 10, 2010

Blondie Brownies with Maple Butter Frosting - YUMM!!

Last week I made Blondie Brownies for my family.  I've had the one at Applebee's before and it is yummy good.

So, after searching AllRecipes.com for a recipe, I settled on the Tollhouse Blonde Brownie recipe which is actually surprising because I don't like their cookie recipe.
I did add chocolate chips to them just because I like them but my family has requested that I leave those out next time which would make it more of a true blonde brownie.
I also added Maple Butter Frosting to them - yumm! 

They were really good.  I highly recommend them.  If you add chocolate chips, they resemble a chocolate chip cookie cake but taste a little bit different.

Here are the recipes:

Tollhouse Blonde Brownies

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (optional)

Directions
1.PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.  (I didn't use a jelly roll pan.  I just used a 9x13 pan)
2.COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Spread into prepared pan.
3.BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack
 
Maple Butter Frosting Recipe:

Ingredients

2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons cream (I used skim milk instead of cream)
1/2 teaspoon maple flavored extract

Directions
1.Beat the butter or margarine, confectioner's sugar, milk, and maple flavoring in a bowl until smooth. Add more milk or confectioner's sugar as need. Makes enough to frost one 8 or 9 inch round cake or 1 8x8 inch square cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.