Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where have I been?

Well, I have been a bad blogger lately. I've barely blogged at all.

Several things have been happening in the past month or so that have kept me from being a good blogger.

We went on vacation.
School started back (and all the getting ready for back to school that goes along with it).
I was asked to donate samples to a sample box and had very little time to get all that together and get it shipped (more about that later).
And finally, I've been having some health issues that have forced me to take several different medications every day and they all make me tired, irritable and loggy. :(

Needless to say, I also haven't felt like doing any sewing or beading or really much of anything. Which of course, makes me very depressed and blah blah blah.

SO, anyhoo, I'm hoping that things will start picking back up now. I have a ton of projects that I've been SLOWLY working on that I hope to get finished.

I've been working on an apron prototype that I hope to get perfect at some point so that I can start making and listing them in my shop.

So please forgive my bad blogging. I hope to improve very soon. :)
Meanwhile, enjoy these great pics I took on vacation at South Padre Island of the rescued sea turtles. We spent a very enjoyable couple of hours at Sea Turtle, Inc., which is a non profit sea turtle rescue in S. Padre. If you are looking for a good donation site for Christmas donation gifts, saving the sea turtle is definitely a good one.

This little guy is missing his back right leg. If I remember correctly, there was fishing line tangled around him when he was rescued and his leg couldn't be saved.


  1. I hope you get to feeling better. I hate that druggy feeling that some meds will give you. Unless I actually want to feel druggy and sleep a lot, lol.

    That poor little turle. :-(
    Thanks for posting that link. I will make a small donation to it as soon as I can. And I always do what I say I will. I have to wait a bit because I just did 2 animal causes and a human one, but I will make this one my next one. It won't be much, but every little bit helps and if every one donated a little bit then they would soon have a lot. Good luck with your apron and I hope you feel better soon.


  2. Thanks so much Puss!
    I'm sure the turtles will appreciate it.

    We went alittle crazy shopping in their gift shop as they told us 80% of the money stays there at the S. Padre rescue - the other 20% goes to other sea turtle rescue sites like this one in Costa Rica:

  3. Those colored sea turtle stuffed animals in their gift shop are adorable.



Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.