Tuesday, August 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday


I've been wanting to do the Take Wing Butterfly Pattern since the first moment I saw it.  It's a beautiful paper piecing pattern by Lillyella Stitchery.  I first saw it on Instagram and immediately fell in love.

The pattern is for a mini quilt that will measure about 24" by 15".  It is an intermediate pattern.  She has since created an easier pattern for beginners that makes a very similar butterfly.

So far I have finished the upper right wing and I'm working on the upper left wing.  I've been using all Alison Glass fabrics that I've had hoarded away for some time.  The background fabric is Essex Dyed linen in Natural.

I love intricate paper pieced patterns and I'm hoping to make more of these butterflies, possibly in single colors.


***Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. Your paper piecing- as always- is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first wing looks stunning, I can't wait to see it finished! Also glad it's you and not me doing that intensive paper piecing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So intricate, but it looks lovely. Very pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! I love paper piecing even the intensive kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is going to be gorgeous! I got the pattern too! Seeing it on IG...I can't wait to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So very intricate! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful pattern and your choice of fabrics is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.