Thursday, July 3, 2014

July Goal for ALYOF - Butterflies

Yes butterflies!  Butterflies and more butterflies!!  I've posted about them here, here, and here.  I have to have it finished by July 25th for the MQG Michael Miller fabric challenge and I'm going to if I have to not do anything but sew for the next 20 days.
 
I'm working on my last butterfly, then I'll piece the top, the back, sandwich and quilt then bind.  That is my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes - July.  I am going to finish my butterfly quilt because I've worked so hard on it and I really want it entered in the challenge. 

I've checked out some of the quilts entered over on the MQG community forums and they are great.  Really good uses of the fabric.  But I've got my fingers crossed because I'm hoping mine turns out really good too.
And one last thing, we went on vacation last week and I got my very first pedicure ever.  I mean I've done my own and polished my own toes my whole life but having someone else do it was so awesome. 
Thanks for dropping by!
**Linking up to Sew Bittersweet Designs for A Lovely Year of Finishes**

7 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are beautiful. What a lovely quilt they will make!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see your finished quilt. I love your butterflies so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilt blocks are stunning! I can't wait to see the "full flutter" finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterflies are beautiful! Good luck with your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterflies are stunning! Wishing you luck to get your project done, I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my these are beautiful! I too am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt....I bet it's going to be beautiful. SInce this is my first time visiting, I also added myself as a GFC follower and hope ou'll stop by, and if ya like what ya see, follow too. Nice to "meet" ya. With smiles, Val from myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I noticed you've been blogging for awhile, so would also like to personally invite you and your readers to stop by every Tuesday for my Tuesday Archive Linky party! It's a lot of fun...it's the linky that lets you rejuvenate OLD posts according to the weekly theme! Tomorrow's themes are elephants and English Paper Piecing. Stop by: myplvl.blogspot.com

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.