Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Fall Table Runner - Quilty Finish

Last week I had to go to the grocery store - I don't usually go.  My husband does 95% of the grocery shopping.  But since I was there, I bought myself some flowers for my sewing room.  Pretty huh?

 Ok.  Down to the good stuff.  I have a quilty finish.  A fall table runner for my dining room.  I used Moda's Wrens and Friends mini charm pack for this and it was a breeze to put together.  I love those mini charm packs.
The colors look just fall enough and it has aqua in it which goes with my dining room.
 The cream strips are from a Moda jelly roll in Snow.  It matches nicely.  I also used the same jelly roll strips for the binding. 

 It's quilted with Aurifil 50 weight thread in color 2021 which is an off whitish/cream color.  I did a straight line grid quilting on it and I think it came out great.  Total measurements are 13 x 31 1/2 inches.
 The back is an orange pattern fabric from Robert Kaufman Metro Living.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I have so much to be thankful for - although cooking on Thanksgiving is not one of them :)

**Linking up to crazymomquilts Friday finishes!**

7 comments:

  1. Very nice table runner. I admire your oh so perfect looking grid quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I've been playing with some "mini" charms and I just can't decided what to do with 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always see pretty flowers at the grocery store and never get any. I need to splurge one of these days. I like your table runner. It is very fresh and simple in a great way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and so cute! I love the table runner

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just followed your blog! Please come follow us back. Thanks.

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really nice runner and I love the fabric on the back. So it is a nice two sided table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much!
    Anna and Sarah, I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.