Wednesday, March 6, 2013

February Lucky Stars BOM and Saturday Sampler Block

I know it's already March so I'm a bit behind posting pics of my Lucky Star BOM for February.  I did get them posted to the Flicker group though, so yay!

 
 
For February, I made 2 blocks.  One with the 6 inch template and one with the 12 inch.  I used the tye-dyed fabrics that I bought at the Houston Quilt Festival for the 12 inch block.  I'm slowly using this fabric on blocks that I think are really cool with the hopes that they will all "go together" at some point so that I can make my son a cool quilt/wall hanging for his room.  But we'll see what happens.

 
The six inch block is made with Moda's Eat Your Fruits and Veggies fabric just as January's block was.  I think this will make a really cool and bright quilt when all the blocks are finished.

Ok.  Now I'm going to show you my February block for the Saturday Sampler I'm doing with my LQS.  It's called Spinner and it's suppose to look like a pinwheel.  It's an old pattern that's been around forever and I did an absolutely perfect job cutting out each piece.   It came together perfectly and I was so proud of my block.   I think it's the most exact cutting job I've ever done.  I'm using bright Batik fabrics with a white background.

BUT, once I finished the block and went to take the picture, I looked through the camera lens and that's when I saw it.  A swastika.  When you look at it in person, it looks like a pinwheel but through the camera, it looks like a swastika. 
I was so upset.  And, I was also afraid to post a pic because I don't want to get hate mail about it or anything.  I think if the color palette were different, it would look different but instead the batiks are very similar in color.
 
What do you think?  Am I just imagining things?  I mean this pattern has been around forever so you would think someone else would have noticed it by now.  Please tell me I'm nuts.
And don't send me hate mail.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you're nuts! Truly, I didn't see a swastika 'til you mentioned it. And it so doesn't look like one in the diagonal view. Lovely blocks, all of them. You're very talented--and a bit patient yourself, IMO. Quilting is so not in my comfort zone!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. You're such a sweetie. I was thinking of you the other day--a friend sent me a lovely piece of a vintage tablecloth that I thought might make a neat apron, yunno, with the border and all. And I don't do aprons. I should be able to come up with your address--from when you bought the flower--if you'd like for me to send it to you.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about a swastika. ;) The colors are really great - nice blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Nan and Linda. No one at the LQS sampler meeting on Saturday said anything about their block looking odd so maybe I'm the only one who noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw your post using my Eat Your Fruits and Veggies.. the block is awesome! Thank you for using my fabric line!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment. I read every comment and try to reply to most of them although it may take me a couple of days - I'm a bit slow.